Curious about news from Weimako?
If you would like to know what's new at Weimako, you will find the latest information here.
- February 2022 - Artikel about Weimako in the newspaper "Tutzinger Nachrichten" Find out more
- October 2021 - New Product
Biodegradable, industrially compostable reusable drinking straws made of cellulose/wood! Find out more
- Juli 2021 - Finalist of Sustainable Impact Award
Finalist of SIA (Sustainable Impact Award) category „Impact of Product“. More
- July 2021 - A big goal for us was to produce sustainable lipbalm packaging. Now we have achieved it. We have very recently developed a bio-based mechanism for our lipbalm sticks.
We have been able to make bio-based caps for some time, but the most difficult part of the development remained the mechanism. Now we have done it! Together with a partner we have developed a lipbalm mechanism made of PLA. A mono-material composition enables an efficient recycling cycle. We chose PLA because this material has many positive properties. It is robust, smooth and easy to decorate. PLA has a similar feel to conventional plastic, despite using a sustainable, bio-based material. PLA is recyclable, biodegradable and industrially compostable according to EN13432 and leaves no permanent microplastic particles!
Find out more about our bio-based lipbalm sticks here.
- October 2020 - Airtight bio-based tubes
We are working on the development of airtight, bio-based tubes ("airtight"). This enables the filling of almost all volatile cosmetic formulations! With this further development we realize another small "quantum leap" in the segment of our bio-based tubes!
- June 2020 - Pots and Jars
To expand our product portfolio for individual packaging solutions with innovative materials, we have developed bio-based jars. These can be used for cosmetics or food supplements, for example. Our bio-based jars are based on wood fiber or sugar cane, among other materials. A large part of our bio-based jars is biodegradable and microplastic free. You can find all information about our jars here.
- March 2019 - Pure Beauty Global Awards
Global Awards Finalist in Best New Design and Packaging. More
- May 2017 - The development of our bio-based products is funded by the "Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie".
- August 2018 - Patent pending process with proprietary material mixtures.
By the way: You can get even more news in the fastest way - just subscribe to the Weimako Newsletter: Contact